My high-level research goals lie in developing novel techniques for the perception, modeling, and prediction of human social behavior to both further the understanding of human social dynamics in real-world environments and allow for the development of better interactive systems.
Below are some high-level topic areas and goals to motivate my work.
Modeling Non-verbal Communication Dynamics in Human-Robot Task Interactions
- Embodied communication model applicable to a variety of task environments.
- Factored communication and task planning for coordinated task performance and detection of assistive opportunities.
- Adapting communication style and assistance strategies for individual users.
Investigating Robot Deictic Behaviors
- Developing an empirical understanding of people’s perception of robot deixis
- Practical models for gesture formulation in collocated task environments