Honors and Awards
- USC Presidential Medallion
- USC University Professor award (highest faculty honor)
- UCLA School of Engineering: Alumni Achievement in Academia
- USC School of Engineering Distinguished Faculty Award
- USC Computer Science Department "George A. Bekey lecture
- Member, National Academy of Engineering
"For pioneering work in Computer Sciences contributing
to Biomedical Engineering, Man-Machine Systems and Robotics"
- Fellow, IEEE
"For Contributions to Hybrid Computation, Man-Machine
Systems and Biomedical Engineering"
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- Fellow, American Association for Artificial Intelligence
- Engelberger Award for Robotics Education, Robotics Institute
- "Pioneer in Robotics" Award, IEEE Robotics and Automation
- Robotics and Automation Award, IEEE (International)
"For Contributions to Research and Education in Biologically
Inspired and Intelligent Robots"
- Honorary Member, Hungarian Academy of Engineering